97 Ford Escort diesel engine information requested

My escort has now done in excess of 176000 miles and is beginning to be very lumpy. Somebody mentioned to me that the injectors may need replacing. Any information I can glean about these would be most helpful, e.g. how many does my engine have, are they easy to replace or should I get a garage to do it for me?

Model: 1.8 TD Encore estate (70ps).

Cheers...Ash

Reply to
Ashrimp