Ford Escort TD

Hi I am currently living in Spain, ex UK The engine seized on my Escort TD estate. I am having a 2nd hand engine fitted to my escort. It is a 1.8 Endura TD engine. It is the first time that this garage has fitted one of these engines. They are having problems with the fuel pump immobolliser. Any suggestions how to get it to work? Cheers Gerry Harris

Reply to
Gerry

Hi I am currently living in Spain, ex UK The engine seized on my Escort TD estate. I am having a 2nd hand engine fitted to my escort. It is a 1.8 Endura TD engine. It is the first time that this garage has fitted one of these engines. They are having problems with the fuel pump immobolliser. Any suggestions how to get it to work? Cheers Gerry Harris

Reply to
Gerry

I had to have a secondhand pump fitted to my 1997 Mondeo TD, last year.

The trick is, if you don't want to have to pay a Ford main dealer to code the pump into the car, is to actually swap the immobilisor module between the two pumps, so the pump still has the same ID in the eyes of the cars security system.

If they say it can't be done, tell them it can - it's exactly what the place who fitted my pump, did.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Either get the immobilser modules swapped between the pumps, or you could also remove the immbiliser module completly by putting the ignition feed directly onto the pump solenoid (one off the wires going to the immobiliser module should be an ignition feed). If the engine doesn't crank over once you've done this, you'll also have to bypass the starter inhibitor relay.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Hi Thanks JackH and Moray. All sorted now. Unfortunately couldn`t swap the pumps or the modules as they weren`t identical fittings. Cheers Gerry Harris

Reply to
Gerry