99 Gr. Caravan 3.8L water pump

Hi,

I have 99 Gr. Caravan with 3.8L and approx. 62,500 km or 39,062 miles. I noticed this weekend there is a small amount of coolant leaking from the water pump. Is it normal for a water pump to leak with less than 40,000 miles on these van?

Also, how hard is it to replace the water pump on these van.

Thanks. Mike

Reply to
mike

i had the same problem with my 97' GV, just be sure if you or whoever installs a NEW one and uses a good gasket and glue.

THANK YOU EARL

Reply to
Guess Who I Am

Good gasket, YES. NO GLUE!!!!!!!!! Maybe a little RTV if you FEEL you need added sealing security, but GLUE is not needed, unless you are selling it to your brother-in-law you don't like and hoping the pump goes out again while HE has it.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr