99 Honda Accord temp gauge question

Tegger wrote: (snip)

Just for giggles, went into the garage with a flashlight, and popped the connector off. The stud on the sender seemed shiny, but the connector came off awfully easy. Perhaps a fine layer of corrosion adding to the resistance? Next above-freezing day, I'll try cleaning the hole in the connector, and maybe gently squeezing it a tad to tighten it up.

Reply to
aemeijers

Or, if you don't have a scan tool, or don't trust the sensor, then with a cold engine take off the radiator cap and stick a meat thermometer in the water. Run the engine until the temperature stabilizes. If it's far too low, it's the thermostat. If it's right or nearly so and the gauge reads low, go after a gauge problem.

My money's still on the 'stat.

Reply to
JRE

aemeijers wrote in news:H5WdnXAxWsguEInWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Oops. I looked at the headers from the wrong post, evidently. The headers I saw indicated a poster from Santa Clara.

I guess you'd say I'm in Alta Ontario. Not many Honda mechanics up here either. The ones we do have tend not to be very good.

Reply to
Tegger

"Steve W." wrote in news:hf1qoo$1u3$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

I'm...I'm...crushed! So I've been believing a lie all my life!

This past summer we went all the way into Toronto to see the Jays play the I-Forget-Who's (Jays won). The seats came free via my daughter's ball club and BOY were they cheap seats. We were about four rows from the very top. It was still lots of fun, even though the beer was about $100 a cup so I didn't buy any, and they ran out of Slush Puppie mix.

Reply to
Tegger

That's OK I've lived less than an hour from the HOF in Cooperstown most of my life, and I've NEVER been there?

Reply to
Steve W.