99 Taurus flopping wiper....any ideas?

I have a 99 Taurus, the wiper on the driver said just freely swings back and forth, right off the windshield even. Any idea how I remove it? Are there bearing in the end of the arm? Will replacing the arm fix it?

Reply to
dho

You need to determine if the arm teeth are worn out or if the motor itself is faulty! Underneath the wiper arm should be a small metal clip. You may have to use a pair of needle nose pliers or perhaps a screw driver may work better to remove

Reply to
Backbone