99 Blazer wiper

The driver's side wiper arm shifts left and off the windshield when I use the wipers. It feels like some teeth stripped out when I move it back. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanx Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland

I figgered it out. Aluminum wiper arm fitted to a steel shaft.....the splines got wiped out.

Reply to
Mike Copeland

Hello Mike,

I wonder if that happened with heavy snow on the windshield?

Regards, Franko

windshield when I

when I move it

it?

shaft.....the

Reply to
Franko

That is a possibility for sure. Snow, or ice which is more common around here in NC, might have weakened them. Seems strange that it chose to fail in the middle of the summer though. Oh well, it was an easy fix. I wonder if some of our "pros" here can tell me why the driver and passenger wipers have different part numbers. They appear to be identical. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland