A couple of dumb Lexus questions

My girlfriend has a 2006 Lexus ES330.

Some idiot bonked it enough in a praking lot to 'dent' in the plastic bumper on the rear on the corner. And then took off of course.

I took a look at it and it was not hard enough to even come in contact with the frame underneath, the plastic is not broken, just 'punched' in. I know something similar happened to my van and I waited until a hot day and just bonked it back it out with the rounded end of a crowbar. I suspect the same thing will work here, except I need to be able to get in there. So I have to remove some plastic bumper spacers and then am going to lift that portion away from the vehicle and try to bonk it out. I figure to get a chum to hold it.

So - I figure - warm weather to make it as supple as possible and so it will not crack. Something rounded not pointed. Someone to hold it so it does not break on the car. Any other clues?

Also - on the vehicle it has a wiper system that senses when it starts to rain and adjust the wiper on/off and speed according to the rain on the windshield. I was wondering what kind of a sensor they use for this and where it is. It works fine, just curious.

Regards.

Reply to
BSAKing

== There's a deformable energy absorbing foam under the bumper cover that likely will not pop back out. Best repair would be to remove the bumper cover and replace the foam. If the indentation is truly small, then you could just push out the cover and leave the space behind.

Reply to
Daniel