a warranty offer

Hi group

Has anyone ever heard of and/or had to deal with the Canadian Warranty Corporation? I received an application in the mail offering a reasonably good deal for extended unlimited coverage warranty coverage for my vehicle whose extended warranty is about to expire. I was curious to know if anyone here has ever signed up for the warranty with this company and if they've been pleased with the choice. I have to decide and wouldn't mind some advice from those with experience. Any info at all would greatly be appreciated. Thank you kindly in advance. Chris

Reply to
Steve & Chris Clark

My advice is to ask what the warranty does not cover, not what it does cover. 'With thousands of parts, you might be surprised at the wrong time to find out that it doesn't cover something you assumed it would. Bob

Reply to
PROCOBOB

This COULD be a legit offer, where they surf the expiring warrantees for sales prospects. A good place to check might be where you get your rig repaired, and if the repair shop has any recommendations for extended warranty companies that are NOT a pain to deal with.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

It is not warranty coverage. This is repair insurance. Over a lifetime it probably doe not pay to buy repair insurance on things. There are many posts on the topic. On special models that have lots of expensive problems, it might pay off. If it's been a reliable model you might be better off putting the money aside and self insuring. Usually, the cost of the insurance would cover a sizable repair anyway.

Reply to
Tomcat14

Read the fine print 'very' carefully!

I could be mistaken, but I believe that 'wear and tear' is a 'big' clause in there, so when things like the drivetrain dies, they will deny coverage if it isn't a mfg. defect that blew it.

Mike

Steve & Chris Clark wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

really? It reads exactly like a warranty? Isn't all extended warranty a form of insurance? C

Reply to
Steve & Chris Clark

thank you C

Reply to
Steve & Chris Clark

I meant to mention but got distracted by company that arrived that I worked in a used car lot back in the early 90's in Ontario Canada and that company was alive and kicking back then.

I grease monkied mostly getting vehicles ready for cert and did some sales as well. The lot was a 'good' one. He has now been around over

20 years and back then for sure if something was shaky, replace it, was his motto, including an engine or tranny and I bet he is the same today. Just that kind of guy.

If I sold one of those 'warranties' I got a kick back, but 'I' didn't like the fine print, so I didn't sell any of them.

That was just my personal opinion as a mechanic back in the early

90's....

Mike

Steve & Chris Clark wrote:

Reply to