And the Reason

I doubt that you're qualified to make that determination.

BTW, didn't you me?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Dropping the "waveform" discussion....

The ECU controls the injectors totally. It generates the signal to each injector. It turns on the injector at the right time in the firing sequence, and back off after the correct amount of fuel has flowed, once per rotation of the engine.

If the ECU's other logic has decided that there is a break-in in process, there is no way the engine can run. The ECU doesn't send a yes/no to some other system to run the injectors. It literally operates the injectors, intimately, and in real time.

The ECU may also have the logic for querying the key. The only real way to fix a bad reader is to replace it. Get one from a junk yard if don't feel like paying the dealer's 1,000% markup.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

When the security system is acting up, does the starter work?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I looked on the web for, Troubleshooting 1990 Chevrolet van 350 fuel system

One of the sites there said something about a noid light.So then I looked up, Noid Light

It's all Greek to me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Of course.

Reply to
cavedweller

Actually, "noid" is latin.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Same deal as "blog". ;)

Reply to
cavedweller

Absolutely NOT. It could be routed past the security system, but the lack of injector function would still not let the car start.

To totally bypass this GM abortion would require direct connection to the starter, AND activation of the injectors outside the normal startup cycle.

Reply to
HLS

Reply to
HLS

Greek culture has nothing to do with fuel injection.

Reply to
HLS

Where are you? Do you want to fix this POS for me? If I knew any experts here who would take this car and return me a ride, I would be most happy.

Reply to
HLS

Right here. 20 or so miles north of Milwaukee, about two miles east of the big pond.

You said that you installed a bypass resistor. Where and how exactly did you install it?

Does it set codes when it no starts?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I think one work around would be to have a new custom PROM burned that ignores the VATS function.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

c-

This is all rather trivial and semantic-y, but it does appear that you are ignoring the definition(s) of waveform. Whatever. It certainly doesn't matter in the end; like someone else typed, we all understand the crux of the biscuit.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish
6c-

Explain the rationale which led you to this conclusion. When seeing that I posted agreed upon definitions for [electrical] waveform, how would one come to the conclusion that I'm a disbeliever in "electrical waveforms"?

That's clearly the best policy, just like you have proven to do in the past.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Wires going to the contacts in the ignition switch were removed and the equivalent key resistance (dont remember just which resistor value just now) was soldered into place. Taped and put back out of the way.

As best I remember, no. It has set phantom codes on occasions but they apparently have no bearing on anything. As I remember it, they come from the leveling system.

The Check Engine light is on, due to the cam magnet having taken a dive. That never causes any real problems either. I have a block prepped, and all the new parts to put in a fresh engine, but have not wanted to get involved with this due to the electrical problems.

This series of car is KNOWN for electrical problems.

Reply to
HLS

I think it would be worthwhile to move the resistor to as close to the VATS module as possible.

It should code if the VATs prevented a start. It's entirely possible the problem lies elsewhere like the starter inhibit relay.

I don't blame you.

I know. The manager at the local NAPA had one. Thank god he finally totaled it. The electrical systems are akin to what's found on aftermarket customized vans.

Reply to
aarcuda69062