1990 240 wont start

Hi car has been running well starts every time runs well ,but after my wife moved it and reparked it, wont start .FUEL pump main is fine when jumped but no power to it ,shows power at fuses though .Primary pump is not working and no power at fuses .When jumped the main pump delivers fuel to the rail ok but sounds like its sucking air at first although the tank is full for sure .Plenty of spark .checked all fuses rolled them to make sure good contact . Wouldn't start with main fuel pump delivering fuel to rail .White relay under radio is ok opening and closing with ignition .New fuel filter .It seems the fuel is not being released from the injectors .Run out oomph its 32 degrees today .ANY ADVICE PLEASE .1990 240 with a plug set up near the bulkhead with a red led light attached to it .1989 build .ITS blocked my car in a very steep driveway unfortunately . < snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au> thanks in anticipation

Reply to
John Robertson

The relay is pulling in, but it probably isn't delivering power to the pump. Those things are notorious for bad solder connections on the circuit board the relay itself is mounted on. If you have a soldering iron handy, resoldering the connections inside the relay will probably get you going.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

That or the ignition hall effect sensor has failed causing the relay to not evne pull in.

Reply to
James Sweet

[...]

yes I checked the relay its fine but the solder isn't a top job is it ? IT was the contacts on the hall sensor need a clean ,thanks for the guidance

Reply to
John Robertson