Anti seize for brake line fittings

What can I put on threads of brake line banjos and other fittings, to prevent rust and permit later disassembly - and that will be compatible with rubber components (my understanding is that normal grease-based anti seize compounds will eat the rubber components).

Reply to
Jim

I live in Newfoundland Canada (home of rust and corrosion), I've never put anti-seize or any other compound on the threads of brake components... most contain brass and don't corrode in that manner. The threads hardly ever give trouble.

What you should do however after connecting and making sure there are no leaks is apply rust check (or similar product) to the OUTSIDE of the bolt (or fitting). This will make sure that when you have to get it off again, that the nut doesn't round off.

Jason C.

Reply to
Jason Cluett