Any aftermarket performance add-ons/kits for Taurus?

I just inherited (kind of) a V6 4-speed 2002 Ford Taurus. Nice family car for a family oriented driver. However, I'm not a family oriented driver. I'm not content with just getting from point A to B. I also like to drive for the sake of the pleasure and satisfaction that driving can often bring. And with this particular car, my driving satisfaction is somewhat hampered by its delivering a lack of a more responsive and precise driver control over its acceleration. This seems due in part to the transmission's shifting characteristics (which are neither rapid nor always precise enough for me) compounded by the number of times it has to shift gears during mere casual acceleration. However, due to arrangements (which I won't go into here) I'm kind of stuck with driving this car for a while. Therefore I'm curious if anyone can tell me off hand if there are any aftermarket products available for the Ford Taurus in the way of ready made performance kits and such. For example: (1) replacement computer chips (which replace the car's computer presets and engine/transmission management algorithms with tested performance/drivability oriented settings). (2) Bolt-on supercharger kits not requiring internal engine modifications [instead, merely the use of a higher octane gas perhaps] (to increase low end torque thereby making way to implement the following...) (3) A differential kit providing a slightly taller gear ratio. This goes to possibly decreasing the annoying multitude of gear shifts that currently take place during merely modest accelerations to within ordinary (lawful) street speeds.

Oh and BTW: (4) NOT a different engine. NOT a different car (not for a while yet, that is). NOT a nitrous oxide kit. <g>

Thank you, Ken

Reply to
Ken Moiarty