2 stroke oil in a 4 stroke motor ??

Hi

My neighbour, an old lady, have a Honda 4 strokes motor lawn mower. Wen I was talking about her lawn with her she show me the motor oil she used for few months in her lawn mower.

She use a 2 strokes motor oil !!

What a 2 strokes oil can do in a in a 4 strokes motor ?

And can it did clog the oil pump or the oil line going to the motor cylinder ??

I ask that because after looking in the spakplug hole with a light and I think the motor have overheat and it was seem to have leave no oil on the cylinder surface wen I crank it, I was think that maby the oil pump or the oil line going to the motor cylinder are glog.

I've take out all the 2 strokes oil from the oil tank, but how can I totally clean out that 2 strokes oil from the pump and oil line in the motor, any chemical product or else that I can use without taking apart the motor ? (I would unplug the spakplug and put the chemical in the oil tank and crank the motor some times)

Thank

Gaetan

Reply to
Gaetan Mailloux

You are mixing up engines and how they work.

The 4 stroke has an oil sump in the bottom you fill up with oil. This oil gets splashed around to lubricate things. There is no 'oil tank' or pump.

The cylinder just sees straight gasoline like a car engine.

I would just fill the sump back up with the correct oil and see what happens. The 2 stroke oil in the bottom shouldn't have hurt much, but it could have...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain

I seem to remember that some companies developed, and perhaps even produced, twostrokers that didn't have to have oil in the fuel. The idea was to reduce pollution, I guess. Don't know what ever happened to the idea.

Reply to
HLS