Anyone else see Letterman tonight regarding Toyota

If not, try to find it on youtube, someone must have posted it.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I never watch ''those'' tv shows. The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday is on the Western channel right now. Speaking Irish,,,, What did he say? What did he say? What did he say? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You can see it here:

hls

The Toyotathon of Death... that was a hoot...

Reply to
ben91932

here:

Talk about a turnaround for Toyota "perceptions"..... Hard to believe. And I get no joy from it. Sort of saddens me. OTOH, no corporation gets my sympathy either. More saddened for the owners who have "faith." They might abandon Toyota for Ford or GM, and come to even deeper tragedy. Of course, it's all overblown - unless it happens to you.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Now it is Prius brake pedal problems.

Toyota reportedly receiving complaints over Prius brakes After accelerator recall, the other pedal is now causing problems

The shoe is on the other foot? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Vic Smith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'll bet you love governments, though.

There have been exactly twelve (12) actual confirmed incidents of stuck gas pedals on Toyotas since October. Worldwide. Over 2.3 million vehicles.

That's 0.00052%, if you've not bothered to do the math yourself.

And if you're that concerned about runaway cars, why don't you attack Ford too? They currently account for 28% of all unintended acceleration incidents.

Reply to
Tegger

You lost your bet. What was the wager?

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

No, the shoe is one your Dodge.. A disc is on the other foot.

Reply to
hls

Holding a button down for about four seconds to stop a runaway Toyota.Sheesh, I don't know,,, How Ludicrous (if that is a fair word/term to use?) does it get? I don't ever want to own any kind of so-called modern technology vehicle with that troublesome computerized fly by wire stuff.Aints ah ever gonna happen with me.Never! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

here:

Not me. I always buy "J" VIN Toyotas...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I like cars.

I like Toyotas.

I like electronics.

I like gadgets.

I like computers.

I DON'T like the idea of a car being CONTROLLED by electronics, gadgets, or computers.

In aircraft, they are tested, retested, and the tests are tested, and then the electronics are tested again, and the backup electronics for the electronics are tested, and the backups for the backups are tested.

Still don't really like it.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I like all of those things too.Aircraft fly by wire are different though.Even small Aircraft piston engines have two spark plugs for each cylinder and other redundacy.Last night on the How It's Made tv program I watched how those Aircraft engines are made. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

My opinion of Toyota hasn't changed at all as a result of all this. I've always thought they were disposable junk.

:D

Reply to
Steve

That site tried to install something on my PC.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

There's a way to stop that...

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B