Auto Technician As A Career Questions, Please

Hello:

Realize there a zillion variables, but might someone please provide a salary range for a person just starting out as an auto technician, perhaps getting a first job in a dealership ?

Assuming the completion of an approx. 1 year auto technician school, or possibly the 2 year training with an associates degree.

Might as well also ask:

what might be a career path down the road, regarding salary, responsibilities, etc. ?

job outlook look good ?

Any opinions on as a career would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

"Robert11" wrote

Is this in the United States, or Canada?

I can't comment on the situation in the United States as it appears to be a much different situation then here in Canada.

Obviously, dollar per hour and salary will depend a lot on where you decide to actually "be" a mechanic.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Hi,

For U.S.

Bob

Reply to
Robert11

| |job outlook look good ? | |Any opinions on as a career would be greatly appreciated.

All the statistics - cars vs # of qualified techs - are staggering. Any tech that stays up-to-date and knows what he's doing - can actually repair vehicles quickly and accurately, should be able to make a lot of money without working over 40-45 hours a week. $60K/year is pretty common right now (Texas, DFW) and it will just get better. Good techs can name their price, and get all the benefits with it. There is cut-throat competition for techs right now. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B