Battery jump starter with built in air pump any good?

Thinking of buying one of those jump starter batteries.

Anyone have one and find them useful?

I see some units have built in lights and air compressor and wondering if these are handier? Or just best to get a power source only?

Reply to
me

I bought a cheap $40 unit that just provides jumping, and have been very impressed with it. My father bought one for ~$200 with all the bells & whistles, and the pump only lasted a year with a dozen or so uses...

Reply to
Raymond J. Henry

So get the unit with no compressor built in, right?

If yes.... what do you carry in your vehicle to air up tires?

Reply to
me

for my own personal use i bought a battery pack from WAL MART for $119 that has a light, an alternator tester, an air pump and a built in inverter that provides me with portable 115v AC current (handy as the pocket on a shirt!) and i love it! for my business use, i checked around and found a unit for around 200 dollars that provided more jump start amperage and a greater reserve , but more importantly, that i could purchase replacement battery units if they go bad .

Reply to
plainoldmechanic

Have brand and model info on the above handy?

Reply to
me

I go modular.

1 350 watt inverter 1 Truck-Air 12 volt DC air compressor 1 17.5 Ampere-hour Gel Cell with cables ( jump kit )

Works for me, and I also have one with all that built in, including emergency lights, 120 vac inverter, jacks for plug-in 12vdc equipment, booster cables already attached.

My solution is "all of the above"

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

what brand and model above?

Reply to
me

Rally Multifunction Power Center Model No. 7242

It is a *tad* heavy, but when you need it, you need it.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Rally Multifunction Power Center Rally Multifunction Power Center Model No. 7242

It is a *tad* heavy, but when you need it, you need it.

Lg

See pics:

Lawrence Glickman