4Runner Rotors - Can you recommend a good set

I have a 1999 4Runner SR5 2WD with 70K miles. Never towed anything and brake in normal driving conditions.

I am on my 2nd set of Toyota OEM rotors and have about decided to go with cross drilled and/or slotted rotors.

Can you guys recommend a good set of cross drilled rotors and pads that will last me a while because I know it will be expensive (again)?

This is my only beef with Toyota...brakes are terrible.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
james randall

if you are chewing up rotors then you should check brake bias.

BAER and BREMBO come to mind. however, you should try a set of cryogen'd rotors 1st. get a set of Raybestos replacements from auto store and then send them out to be chilled-hardened. you also ask them to make sure the rotors are true before going through the chill process. these guys use a unique hole chamfer to relieve stress around the hole when rotor gets hot, they even have diamond slotted rotors

(note, drilles rotors aremore prone to cracking than non-drilled rotor).

cross-drilled / slotted rotors probably won't solve your rotor issue.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

For rotors, try Brembo. You might be able too find them at

I've bought from them in the past and they have decent prices.

Reply to
Dave Stone

By brake bias, do you mean brake proportioning (front to rear) ??

Reply to
james randall

Try this. Lots of good info.

F330 GT

|| I am on my 2nd set of Toyota OEM rotors and have about decided to go || with cross drilled and/or slotted rotors.

When you can get a set of 2 wearever rotors for $58, why EVER buy OEM again?? Even if you have to replace them it's not as much as OEM... and they're just as good IMO.... I've warped the OEMS easier than aftermarket wearevers...

Reply to
RedForeman ©®