California driving conditions in the Santa Cruz Mountains this week!

These are real photos taken this very week of what's going on in the Santa Cruz mountains due to the Pineapple Express dropping unheard of rain in California (drought my ass!).

Highway 17 landslide turns car over, blocks both lanes, and cleanup crew killed.

Hole in Skyline along the crest of the mountain ridge above the San Andreas Fault opened up this week.
Why people in vans even think to attempt a crossing is beyond me.

Stijn De Jong