caliper problem

Hi everyone,

'94 Merc Marquis 168k with disks front and rear. I'm trying to replace the left rear caliper. The one on there must be original. The piston is seized and so gunked up and rusted in place, I'll pop for a new one. I've never seen a rotor wear so thin- hanging it in the garage like a trophy!

I tried 2 different calipers and neither could "accept" the brake line brass collar. When the collar is held flush against the caliper, the threads don't match up exactly. Options: file away a bit of the caliper with a grinder, grind off the little lip on that brass connecter, try another brand? $pend for OEM? Never had this problem before.

Any problems like this anyone?

Reply to
merlotbrougham