Can I kill my 2003 Malibu with the cruise control buttons?

I have purchased a brand new Chevy 2003 Malibu that had 36 miles on it. I drive it 100 miles a day commuting to work. At a little over

2000 miles I was commuting to work when about three quarters of the way there the car died for no apparent reason. I had to pull it over to the side of the highway and let it sit for about five minutes. When I went to go again the car would start but not go any faster than 40. I pulled it over the second time and waited five minutes again. When I started it up the second time it went 65 for the rest of the trip to work. I brought it in that day to have the Chevy dealership check it out. They told me that the computer did not show any problems after 20 miles of driving. This is a long shot but is it possible to kill the engine by accidentily keeping my fingers on the cruise control and resume buttons for too long or in the wrong order. My question is can I kill my engine using some combination of cruise control and resume button. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
Patrick

No.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I have this bad feeling it's going to be a problem with the computer. I feel it has a lot to do with heat inside the CPU. I sure would find someone that understands this system next time it stalls. ronm

Reply to
ronm

No, but you can kill your cruise control.

Cheers, - JG

Jeff Gross