Car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and maybe any other car I've driven lately only allowed one input to the "radio" at a time.

So if I wanted to play the music on my Flashdrive, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc. (Since google maps is not in the rental car, or any car I'll buy. It's only on the phone.)

And if I wanted to listen to local radio, via the radio built into the radio, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc.

If I depend on the phone only, it's nowhere near loud enough to be heard over the music or talk. When I tried this at home, I often don't hear the navigation instructions at all, even though they are set on loud, and if I hear a voice, I certainly can't understand what it said.

The phone can be connected by bluetooth or probably AUX. I presume that won't make any difference.

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

Reply to
micky

With my Genesis I can listen to the radio and get notices from Google maps via Android Auto. Never tried it with music from a USB at the same time but don't think I could.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes it will. That will mute the music when google maps is saying something and will be load enough to be able to hear it properly.

You actually need to have the music volume reduced when google maps is saying something and I havent noticed any radio that can do that with one of the inputs when mixing two of them.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I think that's beyond me. ;-)

Reply to