Car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?

Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?
AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and
maybe any other car I've driven lately only allowed one input to the
"radio" at a time.
So if I wanted to play the music on my Flashdrive, I couldn't get
notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc. (Since google maps is not
in the rental car, or any car I'll buy. It's only on the phone.)
And if I wanted to listen to local radio, via the radio built into the
radio, I couldn't get notices from Google Maps where to turn, etc.
If I depend on the phone only, it's nowhere near loud enough to be heard
over the music or talk. When I tried this at home, I often don't
hear the navigation instructions at all, even though they are set on
loud, and if I hear a voice, I certainly can't understand what it said.
The phone can be connected by bluetooth or probably AUX. I presume that
won't make any difference.
Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the
same time?
Reply to
micky
With my Genesis I can listen to the radio and get notices from Google maps via Android Auto. Never tried it with music from a USB at the same time but don't think I could.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
Yes it will. That will mute the music when google maps is saying something and will be load enough to be able to hear it properly.
You actually need to have the music volume reduced when google maps is saying something and I havent noticed any radio that can do that with one of the inputs when mixing two of them.
Reply to
Rod Speed
In rec.autos.tech, on Mon, 20 May 2019 17:40:35 -0700 (PDT),
I think that's beyond me. ;-)
Reply to
micky

Site Timeline Threads