car starts only when throttle pedal is pressed

I have a 2002 Audia6, It has recently showed this problem. When I crank it, it doesn't start but starter makes that sound which tells me its not getting enough juice or something. but when I press the Accelerator pedal and then Crank it, it will start and run perfectly fine for hours.

i know this is not a Cold start problem, as this happens everytime i plan to start the car, even after it has run for an hour or more.

Can somebody sugest some tips which would tell me whats wrong. Thanks. Gagan

Reply to
gmali001

Not familiar with the specifics of your car, but it seems like a throttle position sensor may be the culprit. The TPS may be out of adjustment, explaining why you have to press the gas for it to register to allow fuel to flow?

Reply to
Knifeblade_03

Could be the TPS as suggested, or you may have leaky injectors that pool gas in the manifold. Cracking the throttle leans the mixture out enough for it to start (just like clearing a flooded engine with a carb)

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp