Carb decision

It kinda looks like I'm not going to find a 600/650cfm carb for my

305 build ... so I'm faced with deciding which of the 2 carburetors I have on hand is going to be the best choice . I have a 750 Holley vac secondary with manual choke that I've been told is too much carb for a 305 motor . My other choice is the stock Quadrajet , but I'm not sure it will support the potential of the mods I'm doing to this motor . Another negative for the quad is that I'll need to buy or fabricate an adapter plate to mate it to the square pattern manifold I'm going to use . I have rebuild kits for both units and time to decide , and who knows , that ideal carb might just fall into my hands before I need it !
Reply to
Snag

some suggestions here:

AMuzi

I guess I should have specified that I don't have 400 bucks to spend ... I'm looking for a rebuildable complete carb at minimum that I can lay my hands on and inspect . Buying online is dicey , might end up with a carb with the throttle shaft bores worn so bad it's unusable . I'm not spending a c-note for a carb that looks like it spent the last 7 years in a bucket half full of water . I guess I'll drag out the greensand and make up a pattern for an a-dapter plate . Got just the right alloy to cast one too .

Reply to
Snag