changing front strust ona 1986 325es BMW

Hi there, Has anybody tried changing front sturts on a 1986 bmw 325es? Is it easy to do? I know you can rent a device to hold the spring and pull out the struts and replace it with new ones. I did see a couple of rods going from the body to the strut assembly underneath the car. Do these need to be removed from the strut assembly to remove the old strut and replace it with new one?

I already did the rear struts and they were easy to do and it only took 15 minutes to do each side.

Any help is appriciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bob hall