Chevy Venture ABS sensor

I have a 2004 venture i inherited that has the ABS light on code scan shows left front sensor. It seems this sensor is integrated into the hub assembly? I have seen other posts about cleaning the crud off a sensor to revive it in some cases. Is there any way to clean off one of these integrated hub ABS sensors?

Its a low mileage van. I would hate to replace the whole hub assembly just for that.

bob

Reply to
bob

if it's like I've seen then no...and it can't get contaminated while sealed inside there anyway except from the bearing wearing out.

e.g.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

On an 04 the sensor is mounted to the rear of the hub inside the knuckle. While water can get in there and screw it up it may not be the sensor itself, It could easily be the wire from the sensor that is bad.

What code does it actually show?

Reply to
Steve W.

check dorman part # 970-040 at

ss

and see if this is what you need

Chas

Reply to
m6onz5a

I have been going through tons on post on this issues with many GM vehicles. It seems even dealers were putting on new hub assembly's at the cost of hundreds of dollars and not fixing the issue. Or changing the anti-lock control module.

I finally did find some reference to connector issues or wire being .2 inches too short or such. That makes a lot of sense. Got to get the van back up into the air and take a look.

bob

Reply to
bob