chevy venture catalytic converter\O2 sensor

I have a 1998 Chevy Venture van. The check engine light has been on for about two months. I took it to Auto Zone to get an engine diagnostic reading and the result was a code PO420. Seems to be either the O2 sensors (it has two) or the catalytic converter. I took the one sensor out and checked it with a multimeter and propane torch, it seems to be good. I can't get to the other sensor to check it. I connected a vacuum meter and got a 19 at idle and 21 at around 1800 rpm. The van runs sluggish, but it will run 80 miles per hour. So, my questions:

A: Is it likely to be one of the oxygen sensors?

B: Or a "poisoned" converter. (no additives have ever been used in the fuel)

C: Stopped up converter.

D: If it is the converter, what is a rough estimate to replace it in the southeast. (Tennessee)

Thanks, Terry

Reply to
Terry

Have it analyzed with an OBDII tester. The O2 sensors can be checked. Running long periods with a bad O2 sensor or rich condition will damage the converter....

Reply to
Woody