Color code questions

On my 2008 Honda Odyssey, I see this as the last line on the label at the door:

SHJ 8 AB5 - YR573M -F -B

I went to the dealer to buy touch-up paint and showed them the photo of the label I took with my smart phone. They gave me the paint with this code on the little bottle:

08703-YR573MAH-PN

After I applied this paint to my car, and waited for it to fully dry, the color still looks way too dark compared to the original color. Did the dealer give me wrong paint? Thanks!

Reply to
yong321

label I took with my smart phone. They gave me the paint with this code on the little bottle:

looks way too dark compared to the original color. Did the dealer give me wrong paint? Thanks!

After 7 years in the sun, it would be expected that the paint on the vehicle has almost certainly faded from its original shade.

Reply to
.

Thank you Sir! So, the dealer did give me the correct paint, and the extra "AH-PN" at the end of the color code is OK. Right?

Reply to
yong321

I don't know, I only know that matching faded paint on older vehicles has ALWAYS been an issue for painters.

Reply to
.

I don't know about the Honda color code but with 7 year old paint it's very unlikely the new paint will match. New paint will be darker than old paint. UV eats pigments.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX