Consumers Reports: Chevy Volt doesn't make economic sense

Heck, I could have told them that long ago.Maybe I did, It doesn't make any sense to buy a Chevy Volt. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I said it enough that I pissed off every tree hugger, starry eyed science fiction addict, and Obama kiss-up.

I hope everybody that voted for him is forced to buy one.

Reply to
hls

Since when has car sales ever had anything to do with making sense?

I'd kind of like one, though not enough to pay for it. Likewise I'd like to have a Trabant too, and a Stutz Bearcat. None of them really make sense, but what does that have to do with anything?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Never?

Personally I'd like a car with a curb weight under 1800 lbs with a sub-1.2 liter engine. A 3 cylinder would be OK. This would make perfect sense to me but then again, I ain't normal.

Reply to
dsi1

What you want is your business, so long as the taxpayers dont have to subsidize your ownership of them ;>)

Reply to
hls

Honestly, I would like to own a Caterham or Lotus 7, which might be something like you describe...But, I dont want it badly enough to dip into my bank account for it.

Reply to
hls

I want a modern Fiat 850 sport coupe.

Reply to
Steve Austin

No, you want a Trabi. There's no radiator, no water pump, no fuel pump, no valve train, no timing belt, no lifters and cams, nothing to go wrong.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

My 1914 Ford Model T Car, L-Head 4 cylinders 177 cubic inches engine.Weight, about 1200 pounds, maybe that weight pertains to front and rear seat cars, mine is a one seat Turtle deck (trunk) Runabout Roadster, I think the car weighs less that 1200 pounds, probally closer to about 1100 pounds, I think so. I can stand at each wheel and lift that part of my car off the ground with my bare hands.

My 1948 Willys Jeep. L-Head 4 cylinders 'Go Devil' engine, 134.2 cubic inches.Weight, 2136 pounds. I won't try to lift my Jeep off the ground, I am not Superman.

Do my two old vehicles count? They sure do count to me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

AMuzi

Now how could that ever be done with 1800lb of required safety and emissions equipment on every new vehicle? A car like that may get over 70mpg with curren technology and oil companies wouldn't go for that at all! And where would we be without the regulatory jobs?

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut