control arm bushing: where to drill floor?

'07 Cobalt LS. I (finally) replaced the passenger-side CAB. On that side, the 'cage nut' on top of the sub-frame is (barely) accessible from below, and I was able to replace it.

On the driver's side, access to the nut/cage is much more restricted. I don't see any way to get at it from below, and I can just sort of reach it through the wheel well.

I think it would be much easier to get at it from inside the car, by drilling a hole in the floor pan. I've seen this suggested, but no details on where to drill the hole. It looks like it would be more-or-less under the brake pedal, but I'm not very sure.

If anyone has done this, ... where? Thanks.

Reply to
gbeccles