Corvette 7 speed

looks like fun..

bob

Reply to
bob urz

very cool, but I still find it rewarding to do it myself. Yes, I know that a driver with equal skill but one of those modern dual clutch, "flappy paddle" shifter things will whoop up on me on a road course. I don't care :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

My boss thinks I'm absolutely nuts for preferring a manual transmission. He hasn't driven one since the early-'60s and hasn't cared to do it since. To him, driving a manual is akin to churning his own butter, weaving his own cloth, or binding his own books.

I don't much care if modern automatics get better mileage, accelerate faster, drive more smoothly, are easier to use, make my teeth whiter, or make my dishes sparklier; I just like rowing my own gears.

Reply to
Tegger

com:

I enjoy manuals except in heavy rush hour traffic.

Chas

Reply to
m6onz5a

m6onz5a wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k4g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

I don't even mind them then.

Reply to
Tegger

Try a Chrysler Fluid Drive. Use the clutch once, then drive like an automatic.

Reply to
sctvguy1

snipped-for-privacy@k4g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

ditto. though my understanding the clutch on vw amarok was made the manual lovers to reconsider

ex boss trashed 3rd gear on a coworkers Acura back in the 90s. was a kindgred spirit to your boss I suppose

I guess this is why you never see a manual in A6 or A8 sized lux cars in the states (I'm not even sure if manual is available for A8 in urop, I'm sure A6 has that option, at least with the petrol engine)

Reply to
AD