Cracked Cylinder Head

Hi, I just had a 100,000km service on my diesel plus replaced glow plugs, cambelt and tensioner bearings. Just three weeks laters I had to send it back only to de diagnosed with with a cracked cylinder head. Does anyone think this could of been related to the work on the car or was I just bloody unlucky. Lell

Reply to
Lell

Shep

If your Yugo had no symptoms until three weeks after the work, it's unlikely to be related and harder to prove anything. If they changed the coolant and left it low, that could have caused the problem, but you wouldn't go three weeks without checking the coolant level would you? Of course not. You'd check it when you got home from the shop or sooner. Gee, I wonder how many miles you drove in those three weeks.

Reply to
Al Bundy

How about no more than 4km a day (2km to work and 2km back) I know sad I should walk And amazingly I am still driving said veichle to work and the guage doesn't even start to move past cold until I am pulling into the drive. So I didn't have any concerns until at the week end I went 10Km and experienced a bubble, bubble noise followed by a loud hissing sound and a whole lot of water spurting everywhere.

PS Radiator fluid levels were checked at the service or were they ?

PPS The said car is a Mazda

Al Bundy wrote:

Reply to
Lell via CarKB.com