Crackling/"rustling" noise in Chrysler 300M

While driving at freeway speeds today, I could hear an annoying noise in our '02 Chrysler 300M -- like rustling leaves, perhaps, but loud and
constant.
Turning off the fan didn't seem to make any difference. When the car was not moving, there was no such sound, even when I cranked the fan up to its highest speed.
Are there ventilation ducts that could have an accumulation of dry leaves and are independent of the HVAC controls? If so, any ideas for dealing with the problem. And please don't tell me to pull the whole dash apart: once was enough for a lifetime.
Or is there any other possible cause?
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Possible bad wheel bearings or loose lug nuts.
On 12/21/2017 09:20 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

It doesn't sound at all metallic. It really does sound like continuously rustling leaves. The lug nuts aren't loose: I checked.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Maybe an exhaust shield flapping in the wind? Loose grill component? It may be tough to find the source.
On 12/22/2017 04:50 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

Mouse nest in the door or glove box? Don't ask me how I know this.
--
Cheers, Bev
An organizer for the "Million Agoraphobics March" expressed

It's a common problem. That's why I always keep a Burmese python under the seat. --scott

On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 2:25:36 PM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:

A Pit Bull dog might help too.

Yeah, you need the pit bull to protect you from the puthon. --scott