damn it

Last weekend, my battery died. I have a 1999 grand cherokee. I jumped it, and it ran perfectly fine. however, I've had to jump it 3 more times since then just to get it started, however it has ran perfect once i got it started. At

6pm i jumped it again and moved it as i prepared to take it to the dealership to haveit checked out. I went out three hours later and I had to jump it again, but this time, the car starts and idles, but the steering column is still locked. the car's on, but i cant turn the wheel......What the hell?
Reply to
garfman065

Your lock is screwed up. The first sign was that the lock is never coming out of the accessory position, which is what was running your battery down. The second sign is that now it's not releasing the steering lock. Take the cover off and you should be able to figure out how to move the lever to release the lock so you can get it to a mechanic.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Another possibility- the alternator finally locked up, munched the belt, and he just doesn't have power steering anymore.

Reply to
Steve

Oh, that's a good one too! I like that!

--scott