Dealership "Necessary" For New Timing Belt ?

Hello,

Have a V6 2005 Accord with 110K on it.

So, I guess will need a new Timing Belt and Plugs.

Is this something that should really be done at a Dealership, or can most any "competent" garage handle it ?

Must the Plugs be those Pt tipped very expensive ones ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Bob

What plugs are called for in the owner's/service manual?

Plugs are usually easy! Get a proper plug socket, and have at in the back yard.

Hondas are prolific, and there are a lot of places that specialize in Hondas for less money than the dealer.

One really GOOD thing about having the dealer do it: Honda has been keeping computerized records for decades. You can take a Honda into any dealer, and they can see what was done to it by dealers since the day it was sold.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

stop wasting our time. you've asked this question multiple times on multiple forums. cough up the dough or get rid of the car.

Reply to
jim beam

Got this one right Jim. I hope Bob is not a surgeon or runs a nuclear power plant, his indecisiveness would be fatal.

stop wasting our time. you've asked this question multiple times on multiple forums. cough up the dough or get rid of the car.

Reply to
Bluto

SNIPkeeping computerized records for decades. You can take a Honda into any

If this is accurate, is the printout available to a customer upon request. Possibly for a small fee?

Dan

Reply to
danl

They used to read it off to you for free...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Thanks

Reply to