Dri Gas Question

Hello:

Live in New England.

Questions regarding the necessity or desireability of Dry-Gas additive.

a. Have always used, about once a month or so, in the gas tank during the winter.

I see now that the gas from the pump has 10 % Ethanol Alcohol added.

With this amount of Alcohol, is it still a good idea to use Dri Gas any, or would it be silly to, since the Alcohol content of the gas is fairly high with the Ethanol ?

b. Is the Ethanol usually still added in the summer ? If not, Dri-Gas a good idea for the summer months ? Why ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

You may get several opinions, because facts are scarce sometimes. IMO, you do not need to add Dri-Gas. At least in this part of the country there is plenty of ethanol in the gasoline to take care of a good bit of moisture.

I will occasionally use a gasoline additive like Techron just to help keep the injectors clean, but honestly that is probably not needed either.

Just my two pennies

Reply to
<HLS

What problem were you having before that Drygas cured.

Not a good idea anytime.

Reply to
John S.