Drive axle install?

Whats the easiest way to put the drive axles back in on a fwd car? For some reason i cant seem to get these things in all the way.. driving me nutty

Reply to
coocoobird

Try spinning the opposite tire or axle

Reply to
Karlsson

I'm actually having this exact same problem right now. The shaft is almost completely in the knuckle of my civic but there remains less than 1/4 of an inch that is still not completely within the knuckle. Will re-tightening the spindle nut bridge that gap or is it necessary for me to make sure that it is in *all* the way before I reassemble?

Thank you for your help.

Karlss> >Whats the easiest way to put the drive axles back in on a fwd car? For

Reply to
Cole

I got my axle in EASY after i learned that i needed to push and turn and the same time.. not knowing that i spent an hour or so trying to get it in straight.. was a no go..

Reply to
coocoobird