mazda parking brake light and leveler

rebuilt my mazda mpv engine, reconnected everything and found that my parking brake light comes on only for 1 second when I pull it to max position (manual parking
brake). I cleaned out the brakes but nothing is disconnected, what could I look for in terms of the manual parking brake sensor for the rear brakes?
also the leveler light comes on when ignition key is turned on (but engine not started) but the small compressor does not run. an older mechanic said it will take a couple days for the computer to reset itself so that the leveler would then start running.
does that sound correct? I did disconnect battery leads for a few minutes and then reconnected, thinking this would reset the computer but leveler does not run.
none of the fuses are blown and all indicator lights work on the instrument panel and no warning lights are on.
engine runs great too :)
the leveler of course would normally run only when engine is initially started, for a few seconds.
this is not happening now and just looking for possible clue as to what may be the reason.