Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Duhh!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

NO! You said it's too heavy, has unnecessary computers and airbags, takes too long to charge, doesn't get good enough mileage for you, the electricity to power it costs you too much, it can't carry lathes or cement pallets, lacks hub motors.... f*ck what's the point of going on? It probably comes in the wrong colors.

I KNOW! They should sell it at an even bigger loss, so that you can write that it's still too much and should be free unless it's delivered in 30 minutes.

Hell yeah! The cars, the car companies, society, the government, the healthcare system, the education system, the highway safety infrastructure, the energy industry (sorry if I missed any rants there) ALL need to be redesigned by a crackpot. Once we rip the overweight transaxle out of our '74 Beetles, and replace it with a long range battery and an electric motor to create the ultimate 2000 lb car, we can rule the world! Heil Angst!

Aha! And there we have it. You'll buy an EV if somebody pays it down to the level of a Cruze. Except... no you won't!

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Black is the only dignified color for a car. All other colors are for housewives and Homeyz....

And of course you are a lying sack of shit.

Yup. But of course, you missed the much bigger point.

And YOU..... are calling ME...... a crackpot?? Holy shit.....

If the Honder Fit goes kaput, my next car proly won't be a Volt, much as I'd like, it'll proly be a Pruis c. Or, if I can sleuth out more about those 136 mpg Insights, I'd finagle one of those.

But, Kidding, no kidding, yer good, you can twist ANYTHING into non-recognition, and you can do it with some amount of style. Props to you....

I'd keep an eye on the wife tho, cuz I have an idea your style wears thin after a while -- esp with all the disingenuous twisting, conniving, and, well, just plain ole lying. Keep on eye on your landscaper, as well.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Celebrated our 30th anniversary about a week ago. Lived in sin for some years prior to wedding. I rank your warnings right up there with the cull because they're based on the exact same thing - retarded wishful thinking.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

And you want to ship a free kitten, with every large order. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Of course not. That's the entire reason harry was born.

Reply to
krw

The "complications" are necessary to get even the range from them we have now. The AC motor/generator is over 90% efficient (they claim) which is some achievement, ========================================================

fyi, Baldor (et al) has been making 98%+ efficient motors for years.

Reply to
Existential Angst

te:

========================= ====

My electric car uses around 0.2Kwh per mile depending on terrain. So you can work out the cost depending on your local electricity price.

Reply to
harry

The subject was steam turbines. Which were invented in the UK. Nor water wheels/turbines.

Reply to
harry

Especially after the ingrates burned down our White House. I still haven't forgiven them for that.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

As Big Daddy Roth used to say, "if you have a really good body, paint it black. Otherwise, paint it something else." Or George Barris: "If in doubt, paint it black"

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Hawaii was invaded and has been colonised by USAians. It was illegally incorporated into the USA. The real Hawaiians want it back.

In fact they wanted to join the British Empire. Here is the proof.
You're pretty ignorant about your own country. Or do you prefer to ignore the realities?

Reply to
harry

-The subject was steam turbines. Which were invented in the UK. Nor

-water wheels/turbines.

Parsons was AN inventor of them, but not the only one:

"Credit for invention of the steam turbine is given both to the British engineer Sir Charles Parsons (1854-1931), for invention of the reaction turbine and to Swedish engineer Gustaf de Laval (1845-1913), for invention of the impulse turbine."

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Shocking ... LOL

Reply to
Doug

Yeah, I saw that and I was impressed. It reminded me of my own attempt around ten years ago. I turned some mallets on my lathe and sanded a hollow in a maple stump. Then I proceeded to destroy pieces of 3003 aluminum. They were so bad, I didn't even think the recycler would take them.

Better luck to you. It's good therapy, I hear. (FWIW, I think I was waiting too long to shrink out the scallops. By the time I got to them, they wanted to fold over rather than shrink out.)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Nah...California is actually pretty nice in most places. Except the Leftwingers run it. The Central Valley is a very nice Red Zone. Hell...most of the state votes Red (conservative) except for 3-4 of the urban areas

Now California..has been explored and settled long before most of the eastern states. Hell..the Chinese used to come over and trade with the indians back nearly in the BC times.

The first white explorer to visit Michigan was the Frenchman Étienne Brûlé in 1620, who began his expedition from Quebec City on the orders of Samuel de Champlain and traveled as far as the Upper Peninsula. Afterward, the area became part of Louisiana, one of the large colonial provinces of New France. The first permanent European settlement in Michigan was founded in 1668 at Sault Ste. Marie by Jacques Marquette, a French missionary."

The ability of the early voyagers to use the Great Lakes and the discovery of copper and of course the massive amounts of harvestable trees sped up the influx of Europeans dramatically.

And then we have the Runestones...some of which may or may not be hoaxes.

1362 AD

23] Another of the documents reprinted by the 19th century scholars was a scholarly attempt by Icelandic Bishop Gisli Oddsson, in 1637, to compile a history of the Arctic colonies. He dated the Greenlanders' fall away from Christianity to 1342, and claimed that they had turned instead to America. Supporters of a 14th century origin for the Kensington runestone argue that Knutson may therefore have travelled beyond Greenland to North America, in search of renegade Greenlanders, most of his expedition being killed in Minnesota and leaving just the eight voyagers to return to Norway.[24]

However, there is no evidence that the Knutson expedition ever set sail (the government of Norway went through considerable turmoil in

1355) and the information from Cnoyen as relayed by Mercator states specifically that the eight men who came to Norway in 1364 were not survivors of a recent expedition, but descended from the colonists who had settled the distant lands, generations earlier.[22] Also, those early 19th century books, which aroused a great deal of interest among Scandinavian Americans would have been available to a late 19th century hoaxer.

Hjalmar Holand had proposed that interbreeding with Norse survivors might explain the "blond" Indians among the Mandan on the Upper Missouri River,[25] but in a multidisciplinary study of the stone, anthropologist Alice Beck Kehoe dismissed, as "tangential" to the Runestone issue, this and other historical references suggesting pre-Columbian contacts with 'outsiders', such as the Hochunk (Winnebago) story about an ancestral hero "Red Horn" and his encounter with "red-haired giants".[26]

Etc etc

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I tried to find a link to a site I saw about Ferrari using huge NG powered diesel engines for a co-generation system at their manufacturing plant. I''ll have to dig back through my links but it's a darned interesting setup they're using. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Intersting.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Hey Harry...the Picts just called ..they want you and the rest of your Norman Scum to go home.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

That will ruin the best of places. Italy, Greece, California, all the same.

Still owned by the leftists.

That's true of the entire country. The problem is that those few pinko areas have too many takers forcing the makers elsewhere to support them.

Well you sound like harry, now, paleface....

Reply to
krw