Engine swaps

I have a 92 Ford Ranger XLT 5 speed manual 2wd with a v6 3.0 in it. I am lookin to change it over to a 5.0 that i found in a Murcury Grand Marquis, but not sure exactly what parts i may need. Im thinking that i am going to need engine mounting parts, and a few other miscellanious little hookups, but im worried that the transmission wont be compatible with mine. anyone have any ideas on where i may be able to order parts from or possibly have done this and maybe have some pointers and tips on problems i may run into, i would appreciate the help.

Reply to
drunkmunkeaz

I feel sure you'd be better off using the auto trans that goes w/the

5.0. As for other specifics, I have never done such a swap--altho' I do have an '87 S10 Blazer with a 5.7 LT1 eng/trans from a '95 Z28. Auto trans will most likely save you much time & $ over trying to adapt that 5-speed to the 5.0. Try Googling for such a swap, find forums specializing in the Rangers, may hafta join a couple (usually free), and get your answers there. Luck, sam
Reply to
sdlomi2