Exhaust manifold no longer made- option?

What I have is a '79 Granada 250ci. I should have mentioned that the new OEM exhaust manifold is tagged to be for a '75 Granada 250ci. It's official part # is D5DE-9430-CA. I wonder if the CA means california version which seems to me would have a higher emissions standard.
B.
Bubba wrote:

Opps thought you said fairmont...

CA is just the revison as I recall... Ford doesn't change the year on the part number unless the part actually changes, so it would carry D5 in '79 if it didn't change.

.com>, Bubba wrote:

it's probably either a 14mm or 18mm thread. since you say "9/16" sounds like 14mm (1/2" is appx. 12.7 mm)
nate

Go to an industrial bolt supplier. Get some bolts that fit the holes. Grind them down so that they don't protrude into the manifolt at all, but are more or less flush inside. --scott

> GUEST wrote
> I've found it nearly impossible to find an exhaus > manifold for my '79 Ford Granada with th > 250 ci six. Mine is cracked in two > > No major auto parts stores carry it and Ford say > it's no longer made > > I've searched every junkyard in a 75 mile radius > > What are my options? I've heard they don't wel > up too well. I've heard of "brazing". Does thi > work > > Thanks for any help... > > Bubb
I'd just spend a few bucks to get it welded. Might a
well try if it's worthless anyway..
I finally plugged the manifold ports because I'm installing it tomorrow.
The best I could find to plug the emissions holes were tractor wheel lug bolts at Tractor Supply. They were too long so I cut them shorter. The threads were a hair off. After 3/8" of screwing in they would start to cross thread. I cut them to 1/2" long and tightened them in until they bottomed out agains the tapered head. I used high temp threadlock also and they are very tight and seated well.
The farthest hole to the back was different. My old manifold has this one emissions port which is jury-rigged plugged. I found that a standard cast iron pipe plug fit this very coarse thread perfectly and I installed it into the new manifold as above. I don't know how they'll ever come out, but with my luck they will.
Thanks again for all the great advice. I still can't believe I found a brand new manifold using the recommended links.
Bubba.