F-150 hard to start at times

Have 2001 F-150 - 50,000 miles...almost always starts right up...couple of years back started having a problem....once or twice a year would just not start...would turn over and over and nothing...I tried stepping on accelerator when this happened and found that it started right up. So has been manageable until last week or so..have been having this problem just about every day....and yesterday took several minutes to start... can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

Reply to
shorty

is it easy to check the fuel pressure on a ford? maybe check that, maybe the fuel pump is weak.

Reply to
hubcit

hubcit wrote in news:21f9ef26-d86c-4957-9395- snipped-for-privacy@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups.com:

when you have a problem try turning the key on for 15 sec. then off and then back on again a few times before turning it over. If that works your fuel filter or pump is going. KB

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
man of machines