Following the ABS troubleshooting steps; Have any suggestions?

Well, it turns out that engine diagnostic connector is the same as the ABS diagnostic connector. The ABS codes did not report anything wrong w/ the wheel sensors. They did report a pressure issue however. The flow chart in the manual says to bleed the high pressure fluid from the ABS system and measure it's volume. Then, run the pump a bit. There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It is a square headed screw and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get this valve open w/ out having to buy a $100 wrench. I know it's got a resevoir thing on top to catch the high pressue fluid, but what's wrong w/ a hose plugged over the valve opening and a wrench that is the correct size to turn the valve open. What size is the head of this bleed valve? anyone know for a 1993 honda Accord?

I don't wanna buy a tool I'll use for one job one time..(hopefully..)

thanks all!

Reply to
scube

aside question, while on the subject of abs brake problems, why will the abs light on a '93 t-c chrysler minivan come on at start up, go off, and in a few secs come

back on again and stay on until the key is turned off.?

This might occur for a 30 day period, then it will work normally for 30 days, and then repeat the "on" thingy again for 30 days, why?

btw - is there an abs light relay, a relay for the abs light - only?

Reply to
fiveiron

excuse me for butting in, but the abs brake subject is one of interest to me,

since the abs light on a '93 t-c chrysler minivan has a pattern of coming on -

going off and then coming back on, and stays on at start up until the key is turned off.

It'll do this for 30 days, then act normal for thirty days, and then repeat the "on" problem for thirty days. "the timing is an estimate".

I would settle for "pulling" the plug on the abs brake system - if I knew how.

It has had recalls / repairs, but there is a customer charge for - non-warranted issues. gets expensive.

any suggestions / help?

Reply to
fiveiron

btw - where are *these relays located on a '93 chrysler t-c minivan w/abs braking system?

*6-1 Front fail safe relay *6-4 Rear fail safe relay

also - does the abs light have a relay in it's circuit that can be removed - to "shut" it up?:--)

t i a - for any help on turning the light - off, when it just comes on / stays on - unannounced.

Reply to
fiveiron

You may find a 12 point socket will fit the screw. Honda seems to be in love with 12-points.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

square head (sticking out), or recessed square drive? seems every "150+ piece" drive bit set i get as a gift comes with square, torx, star, hex, etc... crap i never use. 145 bits i never even touch :)

Reply to
SoCalMike

yup. id suggest going to wally world and buying a "drive bit" set... as big a set as you can find, with all the bits. see if anything fits. if so? good! if not?

either way, you can return it :) save that receipt!

Reply to
SoCalMike