Ford ranger towing question

We're thinking about towing [car dolly] an '89 ranger supercab with a 2000 ranger. The 2000 ranger is a 4.0L automatic with the "towing package". We want to tow the '89 about 175 miles and have to climb a couple of mountains here on the east coast. The question is, is this a "doable" project for the

2000 ranger? What kind of strain will we be putting on the trans and is an automatic transmission capable of doing this work? Never tried anything like this before and we don't want hurt anything. thanks
Reply to
mbjj