Ford Taurus fault codes

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus that is having some problems. Intermittently when doing start and stop type of driving (think running errands), the engine will start running rough and eventually will shut off and won't start for a few minutes - during this time if I turn the key to on with out cranking, I won't hear the fuel pump priming for engine start (the first time this happened my mechanic told me to listen for this next time it happened).

When he checked the car's computer, he says the code, "p01237" was stored in the computer indicating a fuel pump problem, but he can't find any problems with the fuel system.

Any insight as to what could be ailing the car? Its currently at a Ford dealer to be checked out in the morning...

Reply to
necromancer

On Aug 4, 8:58 pm, necromancer start for a few minutes - during this time if I turn the key to on

Maybe the pump is getting hot and failing. When it cools down it works again.

Next time it happens check to make sure it's not a spark issue. It might a bad module.

Reply to
m6onz5a

necromancer start for a few minutes - during this time if I turn the key to on

I think you mean "P1237". There are only ever four numbers after the letter.

Reply to
Tegger