Electrronic keys- a rant

Ah, for the good old days when all my keys would fit in a keycase. I had found that leaving keys loose in my pocket wore holes in the pockets, so long used a key case.

The keys for my last two cars are electronic, and WAY to big to fit in a key case. My Prius key is all-electronic (no notches) so it is not that hard on the pocket, but a case is also nice in that it keeps keys together- one grab.

My Chrysler van is enormous but also acts as a regular mechanical key, so I fear it is hard on pockets plus being so big it is almost too big for pocket :-(

Is this a conspiracy to get men to carry purses?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I know what you mean...My car key fobs are large and heavy enough, but combined with the keys to the house, the garage, the businesses, the farm, etc, they must weigh at least a pound.

There was a time when we never locked our houses, etc. Now we have to lock everything that can be locked, else some low life will steal it.

Reply to
HLS

The problem is that locking things lets the criminals know that there is something valuable inside. Leave your car unlocked and they are much less apt to look twice at it.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

My daughter's car was recently broken into. The highly intelligent thief neatly broke out a rear quarter window, deftly avoiding the unlocked driver's door.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I blame drugs.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

has a nice selection of stylish man purses to choose from. I have the Pelican 1200 man purse in stylish yellow. It accessorizes nicely with Smith & Wesson 103 stainless handcuffs. On days when I need to move up to a man pocketbook, I have a Pelican 1510 (white).

Reply to
Pete C.

I always wear Dickies

work pants, they wear like Iron, the dark blue ones, there is a good reason for the dark blue ones.I only throw them away when the zippers wear out. Nothing to see here, move along now. I have a very old key case, but I don't use it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Rig a few wires, just for looks, let the wires dangle a few inches below the dashboard.Wire tie a battery cable under the hood.When you park your vehicle, let that battery cable dangle out from the hood. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Some of that modern technology sucks. I am glad I don't have anything that requires electronic keys. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

[snip]

Get a fanny pack. Like one of these:

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Some of those Kilts have a little purse thingy.Kilts are cooler in the Summer time too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

That "purse thingy" is properly referred to as a sporran.

Keep that in mind should you approach a scotsman and wish to speak of said "purse thingy" - The distinction might just keep you from bleeding. :)

Reply to
Don Bruder

I am Scots Irish by Ancestry.I will keep the Sporran in mind. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

And what would you do with another useless bag??

Reply to
HLS