Good Tire Balancing place in Bay Area (South)?

Hi, can anyone recommend a good tire balancing place in the Bay Area? preferrably in the south bay?

I am looking for a place that would take the time and effort to get rid of the last 10% of imbalance, which a lot of place would just say it's not a big deal.

My car happens to be very sensitive to it. At 65mph, it's fine, at

80mph, the steering wheel has a slight shake feel to it. I typically drives 80+ so this can get a little frustrating.

Thanks.

Raymond

Reply to
nospamcar

Try Costco.

I saw their procedure for tire balancing and was pretty impressed.

They give it one spin cycle and apply a weight, then they do another spin cycle to fine tune the weight, then they give it a third spin to make sure it's totally balanced.

Reply to
davefr

Which Costco did you go to? I got the impression they are usually way overbooked to be able to spend reasonable effort on it.

I've tried both SF and Foster City ones (heck got my tires from the SF one). The just don't seem to do too good of a job. Both times, the steering wheel / seat starts to shake at 60+ speed, very noticible.

I then went to America's Tire Co in Santa Clara. They did a much better job, however, I still sense some minor shake at 80+ speed.

Raymond

Reply to
nospamauto

What kind of vehicle? And has the suspension been checked for loose parts? Some Porsche dealers offer high speed balancing, at prices you can probably imagine.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

You should find someone with Hunter equipment. Best in the business and great for "trouble" cars. Read more at their site and then find one near you: http://209.176.154.132/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

Reply to
-Bob-

the link points to a GPS.

Raymond

Reply to
nospamauto

Nope, it a "GSP9700" - an advanced balancing machine and probably the best commercial rig available. Start here: http://209.176.154.132/ , then go here:http://209.176.154.132/pub/features/intro.cfm then here:http://209.176.154.132/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

Reply to
-Bob-