Recommend shop for 60K in S.F. Bay Area?

Newbie here,

I'm not mechanically gifted, don't even do oil changes myself. I need to do my 60K but apparently dealer prices are in the $600 range! Ugh! Jobless at the moment. I've got a 2002 Impreza Outback Sport Wagon.

  1. If I do use a dealer, which would you recommend? Carlsen in Redwood City?

  1. Are there any independent shops/mechanics in the South Bay or nearby who do good work, have reasonable prices you can recommend? What price ranges do these shops charge for a 60K service?

  2. Dealers vs. independent shops: Is it true that after 60K, it doesn't matter if you take it to a non-dealership for service, since the warranty expires at 60K?

Any info would be much appreciated!

-AH

Reply to
AH

I never used them since its 250 miles away for me to go to.

Reply to
bg

Most off the independents have hourly rates not far removed from dealers anyway. But shop around.

as far as warranty, if it is serviced in accordance to "the book" it makes no difference if it was a dleaer or an independent that did it. Warranty coverage cannot be denied because you didn't get the service work done at the dealer.

bow...botched repairs are another issue.

Reply to
Mac Townsend