Government Buyback of Old Cars?

Hi,

I heard something on the radio news about Congress talking about a bill to give a $4,000 credit to encourage folks to trade in their old ( and more polluting?) cars, which would also stimulate the car business.

Can't find anything on google about it. Anyone know?

Thanks

Reply to
Noveau67

I heard its only for the cars that get around 18mpg or lower. At least that's what my local news said.

Reply to
m6onz5a

No problem. Give me five minutes with a wrench and I can make ANY car get less than 18 mpg.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

lol

Reply to
m6onz5a

,

Really! I could make a Smart Car get 4 MPG...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Some people say you can make your car run on water. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

m6onz5a wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e24g2000vbe.googlegroups.com:

Send them up here north of the border - we have have *some* way of stopping all that oil going south .

Reply to
fred

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

Only if you go *real* fast and get a good run up.

Reply to
fred

No-o-o-o-o...an Obamamobile....

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

A Jesus car?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Is there any limit on how many $500 beaters one person can trade in for a $4000 per car credit? I figure on picking up 120 for $60K and trading straight across for a Porsche Carrera GT.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Seems like a stupid idea. Building teh new cars that will replace the old cars surely creates more pollution then to just continue to drive the old cars. If the purpose is "stimulus" then surely there are better ways.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

They're already doing it in Germany. Yea it's a retarded idea that'll hurt poorest people the most by increasing the price of cheap used cars.

Reply to
nottoo