New model 9-5?

I just noticed an old AutoCar magazine on a colleague's desk from August

2006, talking about a new 9-5. The article suggested it would feature in a car show in the first half of this year and be launched later this year. I've searched the web, and this news group, but can't find any further mention of it. I don't doubt that any dealers (with current 9-5 stock still on their hands) will deny all knowledge of the release schedule. Anyone know when it's going to show/launch?

Peter Bennett

Reply to
Peter Bennett

The engine line up suggests that the old 'genuine' Saab engines will be dropped in favour of GM engines as for the 9-3? There will be an entry

2.2L petrol, probably non-turbo; GM uses one of exactly that capacity for the Vauxhall/Opel Vectra.
Reply to
johannes

From

: Earlier it was said that an all new 9-5 would be presented by the end of 2008, for the 2009 model year. Recent information however suggests that the current

9-5 will be replaced in 2009, for the 2010 model year. The new model will be based on GM's Epsilon 2 platform, shared with the next generation 9-3, and probably built in Ruesselsheim, Germany at the Opel plant.
Reply to
ngu