grabbing when backing up

I'm hoping someone could help, because I got ripped off twice by a service station that said they'd fixed things, only to have the problem crop up again a few miles later.

A lot of the time when I'm backing up, or less frequently when I'm at a stop, I'll feel what seems like the brakes grabbing or pulsing under my foot. I'm not sure it's the brakes -- it could be something else in the front end.

The check engine light has also been coming on occasionally, but going off before I can take it somewhere to get diagnosed.

Any ideas?

Reply to
shannontbailey

If you are feeling pulsing in the brake pedal when you are stopped the likely culprit IF you have anti-lock brakes is the anti lock brake system. Some systems cycle the pump when you first start the car to verify it's working. If the pump doesn't run your Brake warning light comes on. Is it your check engine light coming on or your ABS light?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher